Thursday, March 13, 2008

She's Almost HERE!

I can't believe I am coming up on the last three weeks of this pregnancy! Yay!

Wait - no! I'm not ready!

Ok, I can't wait to meet her, but I am not ready to be a mom of three. I don't know that I ever will be though, and at this point it is inevitable, so I guess I'll just jump in feet first into deep water and acclimate as fast as I can!

After all, lots of other moms have done it - some with kids even closer in age than mine, and some with more than three kids altogether. So if they can do it, so can I!

I think most of my panic is knowing I only have limited time to finish certain things before the insanity begins. Like filing our taxes! Gulp. I really should get on that, huh?

But all that stress and worry and panic fades when I actually think about snuggling up a newborn under my chin again. Aaaaaah, there is nothing else like it on earth and it is such an amazing experience that in the moment, I would easily agree to have 15 children. Newborn baby smell must interfere with rational thought processes. Someone should scientifically prove that, because I am pretty sure it is true. I mean, I fully acknowledge, after having two children, how much work adding a third is going to be, yet all I have to do is think about having her in my arms and I forget. I forget all about temper tantrums, throwing food on the floor, dirty diapers, runny noses, back sassing, shoving siblings, and running late for everything by at least 15 minutes.

Yup, all I have to do is close my eyes and remember the first time I held my firstborn in my arms, and all of a sudden I am bawling with sentimentality and spouting about how amazingly wonderful children are! And you know what? Despite all the not-so-fun part of raising children, each child is still oh-so amazingly wonderful. Thank God for each and every one of them.

5 comments:

Waterrose said...

Good luck and she will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and best of luck to you. You're right there's nothing like a newborn, I miss that. I have three too, our third changed the dynamics of the family, she is the funniest little person! Good luck!

Krazy Kate Designs said...

How wonderful it will be snuggling that little one.

smileymamaT said...

Almost here, congratulations! I found your blog just by chance while looking myself up on google, LOL! I'd been mentioned back in June it would seem... Thanks! Best of luck with the mom-of-three adventure, as I am one! I can tell you right now, it's a lot of work and ABSOLUTELY worth every second. (Rest while you can, really really!!)

Congratulations!
Victoria (from Victoriaartsncrafts at etsy!)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.