Sunday, May 11, 2008

Etsy Seller of the Week: oneeyeopen

I am re-dedicating myself to this blog, and to keep me on task, I will be featuring an Etsy seller every week. This is a great way to find new shops and get to know the owners behind them!


My first Etsy seller is oneeyeopen, who has generously offered 10% off any item in her shop if you mention "Rain" in the notes to seller at checkout!

How did you find Etsy?
I found it while I was blog hopping. It kept popping up on blogs I was visiting.
What do you love about Etsy?
I love the format, the easy navigating of the site, the fact that there are millions of goodies that you look for to buy in one place, plus the ease in selling on Etsy.

What is your favorite dinner?
Some kind of pasta with lots of red sauce.

What would you like us to know about your craft/shop?
Although my photography is completely digital, I still love to focus on alternative methods, i.e., I’m not using a Holga camera, but instead using digital processes to make that digital print look like it was taken with a Holga.

If you could take an all-expenses paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Tuscany. It’s my dream vacation.
What do you love about what you make/sell?
I have a penchant for aesthetics and was taught by my mother at an early age to love beautiful things, but not necessarily expensive things. I love the fact that my work is priced so that just about everyone can afford it.

What is your favorite way to relax or unwind?
S-L-E-E-P.

What do you like to shop for on Etsy, even if it is just browsing, not buying?
I love looking at the artwork: photography manipulations, digital collage, clothing for my Blythe doll, and really anything that catches my eye on the front page or the Time Machine2.

What is your personal goal with regard to your photography in the coming years?
First of all, I would love to get motivated again. I have many pictures that I have not even edited yet. I would also like to get more involved with submitting my work to stock sites and sending my work to publishers. One of my dreams is to be published on a book jacket. (Okay, maybe that’s not a big deal to some photographers, but it would be to me.)


Frankie Kins
oneeyeopen.etsy.com
Blog: www.bluemoonstudio.typepad.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm flattered. Thank you so very much, Rainy! This was a wonderful Mother's Day treat for me, being home and away from my children and grandchildren. You made my day.

Krazy Kate Designs said...

Wonderful post about one of my favorite artists and definitely top favorite persons!

Debs said...

Rainy, this is such a great idea :-)
And it was great to get to know oneeye better.

SpinachNPeace said...

thanks so much for spotlighting etsyians in your blog! oneeye was a great choice!!!

Karen Casey-Smith said...

OneEyeOpen's work is stunning, like a beautiful memory to be savored! Very nice interview!