Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Speaking of Babies...

Miri likes to stand now, and one of her favorite methods is to hang off my pants while I'm in the kitchen cooking or making lotion.

Which was fine, until today, when I was still in my baggy flannels and hadn't tied them around the waist and she was "helping" me make some lotion and pulled my pants down! The sudden give of material startled her into letting go and she fell backward and whomped her head pretty good on the floor.

Poor baby, lying there with her head injury and her mama screaming in laughter with her pants halfway down.

The worst was that I lost my place while measuring and my scale turned off on me. So I had to pour the scent back into the bottle and re-measure.

Miri was fine. By the time I went back into the kitchen a few minutes later to stir, she was back at it, clinging to my pants - which this time were firmly tied!

4 comments:

Caroline D. said...

I always seem to laugh at those moments, but then wonder if I should be showing more concern.

Nah, screw that. it's funny.

BonTons said...

Haha, that happens to me, only when I'm outside hanging the washing on the line!

Right As Rain Creations said...

caroline, I also sometimes feel mildly bad that I am laughing at my children's pain. But then I get over it. Hahahah!

bontons, yikes! Can any neighbors see? At least I was pantsed in the privacy of my kitchen - only witnesses were my sons, who were unimpressed, lol!

Caroline D. said...

TAG YOU'RE IT-
I'm asking you to post 8 random things about yourself...
see my blog
http://brightcaroline.blogspot.com/